Latest active People
Latest DB entries
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Description of Service
- COMPUTER-BEATZ is a hosting service provider providing USER with an Internet platform, electronic tools, features and services enabling USER to share and discover music and other media content with other users of COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services.
- COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. USER acknowledges to use COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services at own risk.
- When USER registers for COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Services, USER may choose a username and password and will receive a user account from COMPUTER-BEATZ. The USER is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of his/her username, password and account, and shall be responsible for all uses of his/her username and password, whether or not authorized by USER.
- USER shall be liable for all activities and transactions occurring under USER’s account, except for damages caused by the gross negligent or intentional conduct of COMPUTER-BEATZ.
- USER shall notify COMPUTER-BEATZ immediately in writing of any unauthorized use of USER’s account including, without limitation, unauthorized use of USER’s password and/or username, or any other breach of confidentiality or data security.
- It is strictly prohibited to make use of any electronic tools, including spiders, robots (bots), crawlers, data mining tools, or any other automated means on COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website or Services, regardless of the purpose and/or configuration and/or mode of operation of such electronic tools. Except for the use of indexing for search engines.
- USER can cancel his/her account at any time in the profile settings. USER is solely responsible for cancelling his/her account properly. A e-mail from USER to cancel the account will not be considered a proper cancellation. Upon cancellation of USER’s account, any and all music, photos, pictures, graphics, comments, communications of USER will be irretrievably deleted by COMPUTER-BEATZ. Some information USER provided will remain. This includes Artists, Labels, Albums and Tracks USER created. On cancelation of an account, this information will not be linked to USER anymore. Content provided by USER together with other users (in the federation as a project) will not be deleted. If USER attempted to misuse COMPUTER-BEATZ USER login name and email address might be stored to server logs. Those logs are not public and are for internal use only. USER has no possibility to delete such content.
User Generated Content
- Any and all music, photos, pictures, graphics, comments, and other content, data or information that USER uploads, stores, transmits or submits to COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website (hereinafter "Content") are generated by the USER, but not by COMPUTER-BEATZ. USER’s Content therefore remains in USER’s sole property and responsibility.
- COMPUTER-BEATZ does not claim any ownership rights in any Content and other materials which USER uploads, posts, stores or exchanges through COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services. This does not onclude the information provided when USER creates or alters Labels, Albums, Artists of Tracks.
- USER hereby expressly acknowledges and agrees that USER him-/herself, and not COMPUTER-BEATZ, is fully responsible for all Content that USER uploads, posts, e-mails, transmits or otherwise makes available through COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website or Services.
- USER acknowledges that Content uploaded to, or transmitted through COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website or Services may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other intellectual property rights and laws. USER must not upload, display, send, transmit or otherwise make available any Content in which USER does not have the appropriate rights to do so. Unauthorized copying, distribution, modification, display, public performance or other unauthorized use of copyrighted works by USER may constitute an infringement of the copyright holders' rights and may result in civil litigation and criminal prosecution.
- Music uploaded by USER participating a Project will be reviewed. COMPUTER-BEATZ reserves the right to not publish the music. USER has no right to claim the publication.
Representations and Warranties
USER represents and warrants to COMPUTER-BEATZ that:
- USER’s Content shall be true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading;
- USER’s Content shall not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights and/or any other intellectual property rights;
- USER’s Content shall not create any liability for COMPUTER-BEATZ;
- USER’s Content is an original work by USER and/or USER has all necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use, and to authorize COMPUTER-BEATZ to use, any and all copyrights, performance rights or other intellectual property rights in and to USER’s Content in order to use the Content on COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services;
- USER has any and all necessary consent, permission or release of any and all persons identifiable in the Content to use the name, photo, picture and likeness of those persons on COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services.
No Liability for Content
- USER acknowledges that COMPUTER-BEATZ, by providing the USER with the ability to view and distribute user-generated Content, is merely acting as a passive conduit (hosting service provider) for the distribution of such Content, and that COMPUTER-BEATZ, to the extent permissible by law, does not undertake any obligation or liability relating to the Content or to the USERS' activities.
- USER acknowledges and agrees that COMPUTER-BEATZ cannot and does not generally review the Content created or uploaded by USER. USER acknowledges and agrees that COMPUTER-BEATZ do not undertake or assume any duty to generally monitor the Website for inappropriate Content.
- COMPUTER-BEATZ assumes no responsibility or liability which may arise from the Content of COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services, including, but not limited to, claims for libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, pornography, obscenity, fraud, or misrepresentation.
- COMPUTER-BEATZ reserves the right to block, remove or delete any Content, communications, postings,
and/or other data or information if COMPUTER-BEATZ, in its own sole and unfettered discretion, has reason
to believe that such Content and/or other data or information may infringe the rights of a third party,
and in particular if COMPUTER-BEATZ deems such Content and/or other data to be
- misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive; or
- defamatory, abusive, or obscene; or
- possibly in violation of a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right; or
- possibly in violation of any applicable law or regulation; or
- otherwise unacceptable.
- COMPUTER-BEATZ will terminate a user's access to its Services if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a infringer.
Grant of License
COMPUTER-BEATZ does not have any ownership rights in USER’s Content. After posting your Content on, through or in connection with the Services, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in your Content, subject to the limited license COMPUTER-BEATZ requires so that it can perform the Service for its users:
- By posting Content to the Website, to the extent required to enable the performance of the Services, USER grants COMPUTER-BEATZ and other users of the COMPUTER-BEATZ Services a limited worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and/or otherwise make USER’s Content available to other users of COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services.
- This license does not grant COMPUTER-BEATZ the right to sell USER’s Content or otherwise distribute it outside of COMPUTER-BEATZ's Website or Services, provided however, that streaming of Content on third party Websites via embedded widgets (“Linked Services”) shall not be deemed a distribution outside of COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website or Service.
- The use of music available through COMPUTER-BEATZ's Website or Services is bound to a license the USER providing the music can pick when providing the music.
- USER may set further restrictions to the licenses granted under Subsections 1 to 3 of this Section at any time.
- The license granted under Subsections 1 to 3 will terminate after USER removes the Content from the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, USER understands and agrees that once Content is distributed to a Linked Service, COMPUTER-BEATZ is not obligated to delete or ask other users or a Linked Service to delete that Content, and therefore that Content may continue to appear and be used indefinitely.
IndemnificationUSER agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless COMPUTER-BEATZ from and against any and all claims, obligations, damages, losses, expenses, and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from:
- any activity related to USER’s account, be it by USER him-/herself, or by any other person accessing USER’s account.
No Liabilty for Links, Third Party Websites and Services
- COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services may contain features and functionalities that may link USER to, or provide USER with certain functionalities and access to, third party websites, databases, networks, servers, information, software, programs, systems, directories, applications, products or services (hereinafter “External Websites”).
- COMPUTER-BEATZ does not have any control over those External Websites, and is not responsible for their content or their use. By linking to an External Website, COMPUTER-BEATZ does not represent or imply that it endorses such website, its content or any other information and/or material contained therein.
- USER is solely responsible for his/her dealings with any third party related to the External Website, including the delivery of and payment for goods and services. USER should make whatever investigation he/she feels necessary or useful before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any third party related to External Websites. The USER is solely responsible for taking precautions as necessary or useful to protect him-/herself from fraud etc., and his/her computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content and material on External Websites.
- COMPUTER-BEATZ disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from USER’s accessing External Websites, and USER irrevocably waives any claim against COMPUTER-BEATZ with respect to such sites and third-party content.
Waiver of ClaimsUSER irrevocably waives the right to assert any claim against COMPUTER-BEATZ in relation to the Content generated, uploaded, transmitted or otherwise used on COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website or Services, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, unfair competition, invasion of privacy, breach of contract or breach of confidentiality.
Procedure in Case of Alleged Rights InfringementsGeneral Procedure
- COMPUTER-BEATZ encourages USER to notify COMPUTER-BEATZ of any Content that USER believes to be in violation of copyright, trademark, any other intellectual property rights, or any other applicable law, or of any Content that contains undesirable texts or images of, or links or references to, pornography, violence, racism, or content that is otherwise discriminatory or objectionable.
- In case USER believes that his/her Content has been used by other users of COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website in
a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or a violation of other intellectual property rights,
please flag the Content you think is infringing using the "Report" link.
- a specific description of the relevant work protected by copyright or other intellectual property right (hereinafter the “Work”), and where the Work is located on COMPUTER-BEATZ;
- comprehensive evidence that USER claiming the infringement is the owner of the Work and all copyrights or intellectual property rights in and to the Work, or alternately, that USER is fully authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the Work and all related rights;
- a detailed explanation of the facts and circumstances that constitute the alleged copyright infringement or violation of other intellectual property right; and
- USER’s full name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Upon receipt of such notification and all required information and materials, COMPUTER-BEATZ will examine the case, will contact the USER in due course, and will, in its sole discretion, determine if and (if so) what action to take in response to each such notification.
Data Protection, Privacy and Security
- COMPUTER-BEATZ complies with the applicable data protection laws and regulations tries to the best of our knowledge to protect the confidentiality and security of communications transmitted via COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services and information stored on servers controlled by COMPUTER-BEATZ.
- USER shall under no circumstances
- violate or attempt to violate the data security of COMPUTER-BEATZ;
- access data or materials which are not intended for USER;
- log into a server or account which USER is not authorized to access;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of COMPUTER-BEATZ’s servers, system or network or to breach data security or authentication measures of COMPUTER-BEATZ
- attempt to interfere with COMPUTER-BEATZ’s service to any user, host or network, by any means including, without limitation, hacking COMPUTER-BEATZ’s servers or systems, submitting a virus, overloading, "mail-bombing", "flooding" or "crashing", or by means of using electronic tools, including spiders, robots (bots), crawlers, data mining tools, or any other automated means on COMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website or Services, regardless of the purpose and/or technical configuration of such electronic tools.
- USER’s violation of system or network security may result in civil procedures and/or criminal prosecution. COMPUTER-BEATZ reserves the right to investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting any users who have participated in such violations.
COMPUTER-BEATZ may run, host or support competitions, promotions, prize draws and other opportunities on the Website or in its Services and these opportunities will be subject to separate terms and conditions of the organizer of such opportunities. Details of the specific competition, promotion, prize draw and/or other opportunity and a link to the applicable terms and conditions will be posted on the Website. It is your responsibility to read those terms and conditions for details and any eligibility requirements. COMPUTER-BEATZ does not bear any responsibility or liability for the actions of any third parties who organize or are otherwise involved in any of these opportunities.
Changes of Website and Services
- COUMPUTER-BEATZ may change or modify the products, services and functionalities of the Website and/or Services at any time without notice.
- USER agrees that COUMPUTER-BEATZ shall not be liable to USER or to any third party for any changes or modifications of Website and/or Services and/or USER’s possibility to use or access COUMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and/or Services.
Termination of Website and Services
- COUMPUTER-BEATZ reserves the right at any time to suspend, discontinue, terminate or close down its Website and/or Services (or any part thereof), temporarily or permanently, without notice.
- USER agrees that, COUMPUTER-BEATZ shall not be liable to USER or to any third party for any suspension, discontinuance, termination or close down of the Website and/or Services and/or USER’s possibility to use or access COUMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and/or Services.
Assignment of Rights and Duties to Third Parties
Applicable Law and Jursidiction
- The legal relationship between COUMPUTER-BEATZ and USER shall be subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany excluding the principles of conflict of laws (international private law).
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between COUMPUTER-BEATZ and USER with respect to COUMPUTER-BEATZ’s Website and Services, and supersedes any prior agreement between COUMPUTER-BEATZ and USER.COMPUER-BEATZ is not run by a company but by a single Person.
Date: September 15, 2010